Kraft Foods Global, Inc. is voluntarily recalling three varieties of Velveeta Shells & Cheese Single Serve Microwaveable Cups with limited “best when used by” dates as a precaution due to the possible presence of small, thin wire bristle pieces.
The following products are being recalled:
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original Microwaveable Cups – 16_MAY 2012
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese Original Four Pack Microwaveable Cups – 24_APR 2012 to 16_MAY 2012
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese Made with 2% Milk Microwaveable Cups – 25_MAR 2012 to 30_MAR 2012
– Velveeta Shells & Cheese Made with 2% Milk Four Pack Microwaveable Cups – 29_MAR 2012 to 12_APR 2012
– Velveeta Rotini & Cheese Broccoli Microwaveable Cups – 29_APR 2012 to 14_MAY 2012
Consumers can find the “best when used by” date on the bottom of the package.
There have been no reports of consumer injuries or complaints. Kraft Foods is issuing this voluntary recall out of an abundance of caution.
Approximately 137,000 cases of the affected products were shipped to customers across the United States. The affected products were not distributed in Canada.
Consumers who purchased affected “best when used by” dates of these products should not eat them. They should return them to the store of purchase for an exchange or full refund. Consumers also can contact Kraft Foods Consumer Relations Monday through Friday at 1-800-308-1841.
The affected products were manufactured in Champaign, IL and Lakeville, MN.
Source: U.S. Food and Drug Administration, USA