Government of India has approved and notified National AYUSH Mission (NAM) for better access to AYUSH services; strengthening of AYUSH educational institutions, facilitate the enforcement of quality control of Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani & Homoeopathy (ASU &H) drugs and sustainable availability of ASU & H raw-materials in the States/UTs including Andhra Pradesh and Telangana during 12th Plan.
Under National AYUSH Mission(NAM), provision has been made for following new initiatives of the States/UTs including Andhra Pradesh and Telangana:
(i) Public Health outreach activity to focus on increasing awareness about AYUSH strength in managing community health problems resulting from nutritional problems, vector borne diseases etc.,
(ii) Adoption of villages for propagating AYUSH way of life and interventions of health care through AYUSH Gram,
(iii) School Health Programme through AYUSH by way of addressing the health needs of school going children through AYUSH,
(iv) Early prevention of non-communicable diseases and promotion of health care by way of Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) integrated with the principles and practices of AYUSH systems.
Flexible activities include:
1. AYUSH wellness centres including Yoga & Naturopathy
3. Sports medicine through AYUSH
4. Innovations in AYUSH including Public Private Partnership
5. Interest subsidy component for Private AYUSH Educational Institutions
6. Research & Development in areas related to Medicinal Plants
7. Voluntary certification scheme
8. Market Promotion
9. Market Intelligence & buy back interventions for Medicinal Plants
10. Reimbursement of testing charges
11. Crop Insurance.
Source: Press Information Bureau, India.